CDS delivers new website for South West Water
CDS has delivered a new website for South West Water (SWW), which puts the customer at its heart and enables quick and easy access to services through one consolidated and centralised online platform.
Based in Exeter, SWW are a water and waste service utilities company that serves over 1.6 million people throughout Cornwall, Devon and in areas of Dorset and Somerset.
Before the project started SWW outlined the following aims and objectives:
- To deliver a consolidated centralised website that puts the customer at its heart
- To enable all current services to be accessed online quickly and easily by all customers and to promote the use of self-service
- To increase customer satisfaction
- To increase ‘My Account’ sign ups and transactions
- To monitor the impact the site has on Ofwat’s Service Incentive Mechanism (SIM) score
- To decrease inbound contacts by 11% in year one
- To define appropriate ongoing Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
The key business drivers for this project were to:
- Improve Customer Satisfaction Score (CSAT) per transaction
- Reduce the cost per transaction
- Target an 80% digital take-up rate
- Improve SIM score.
- CDS initially met with SWW stakeholders to identify their requirements and what a core Minimum Viable Product (MVP) would look like.
- From these meetings, CDS developed and identified key user personas. We also identified how to improve user journeys.
- When working on the project we improved Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and created a friendly Information Architecture (IA) by pulling out and promoting key user tasks.
- CDS improved the design and User Experience (UX) of the site. These outputs were used to inform the design and build and development of the functional specifications.
- We improved dropdown menus and focused on category specific, key tasks, Frequently Asked Question’s (FAQ’s) and help videos.
- CDS also improved the search dropdown, category refine, predictive search, introducing FAQ’s and Water Live.
- CDS redeveloped the homepage, we promoted key tasks and introduced second and third level deep linking.
- We simplified the key task template, which featured category specific FAQ’s and video help.
- We created a social media feed to keep site content fresh and to create a buzz around the SWW brand.
- CDS delivered the project using the discovery phase to map out SWW’s route to success. We used Waterfall project methodology and Episerver Digital Experience Cloud Service platform.
CDS built the website on Episerver which means it is now futureproof. Episerver is an easy to use Content Management System (CMS) that enables content managers to deliver a more engaging experience and attract users to complete key tasks online.
Responsive and brand works more effectively across digital channels, which delivers a more compelling customer experience that will:
- Meet business goals
- Increase self-serve
- Increase device agnostic and multi-channel capability
Overall CDS redeveloped the homepage, key category pages and developed the forms and FAQ section. The project took six months to complete.