Smart content personalisation with Episerver Advance
The powerful new tool to automate website personalisation
Episerver Advance launched in Q2 of 2018 as an enhancement to the existing suite of personalisation tools and functionality already built into Episerver.
The new tool enables marketers to automate the personalisation of content through a combination of rules set around explicit and implicit user behaviour, to create individual content recommendations.
How Episerver Advance works
Marketers need to create and refine several user segments that will define who the users are and what content they should see.
Episerver Advance tracks users across channels and touchpoints to build up a complete picture, before delivering individualised content automatically.
Deliver customised content
Using machine learning, Episerver Advance tracks which pieces or types of content have the biggest impact on engagement with each user segment. The personalised content is sequenced to users at the right time, in the right place.
Why bother with website personalisation?
User experience is more important than ever before
They expect to find what they are looking for quickly and know that if they can’t, there are plenty of other options out there.
Start to segment and target your users
Personalisation offers the opportunity to identify why users are coming to your site, who they are, what they are interested in, and who the most engaged are.
Take content testing and optimisation to the next level
Create rules to target the right content, to the right user, at the right time.
Improve user experience
Create a more consistent, fluid, interactive and relevant user experience. Drive a positive UX and funnel users quickly and easily to the content they are interested in.
Drive marketing activity to get better quality leads and sales
Surfacing the most relevant content keeps users on site longer, encourages sharing and demonstrates value. Better content and experiences helps to turn users from one-off visitors into repeat customers and advocates.
77% of consumers have chosen, recommended or paid more for a brand that offers a personalised experience
5 simple steps to get started with website personalisation
- 1. Have a look at all the data you have available and decide what you can (and want to) use. The sheer volume of data and information available means using restraint and planning your personalisation strategy is more important than ever.
- 2. Decide what you want get users to do. Come up with measurable objectives and goals and make sure you are tracking everything! Without having some concrete data to measure, it will be impossible to see what effect your personalisation efforts have had.
- 3. Create a plan and stick to it. Mapping it all out is a fantastic way to visualise your grand plan and communicate your ideas to a wider audience. Once you have the big idea, you can focus on the best place to start and refine and adapt from there.
- 4. Create some content specifically for personalisation. This should be tailored to who the user is, what they have already done on site and the action you want them to take.
- 5. Keep testing, optimising and refining. This is an ongoing process and should be constantly evolving.
79% of organisations that exceeded revenue goals have a documented personalisation strategy
Source: Monetate, 2017
SearchLeeds 2018 and the Future of SEO and Search Marketing
On Thursday 14/06/2018 the largest search marketing and SEO event in the North of England took place at the Leeds First Direct Arena.
CDS awarded place on G-Cloud 10
CDS is pleased to announce that we have been awarded a place on the G-Cloud 10 framework contract by the Crown Commercial Service (CCS).
CDS targets rapid growth with strategic new hires
Two key new appointments to expand and strengthen New Business and Account Development