Scanning and digitisation services
The CDS scanning and digitisation service turns hard-copy documents into an easily searchable electronic format.
Here is a quick overview of our range of scanning and digitisation services.
- Large archive scanning projects with Meta data capture
- Simple document scanning
- Large format scanning
- Post room scanning (digital mailroom)
Ancillary scanning services
- Data storage
- Quality assurance
- Secure destruction
- Kofax VRS scanning software
- Intelligent blank page detection
- Content-based rotation
- Automatic de-skewing
- Double feed detection
- Barcode technology
- OCR (Optical Character Recognition)
- Meta data capture (indexing and categorisation)
- Images can be scanned up to 600dpi
- We can capture images in black and white/greyscale/colour
- Scanned file format: PDF, Tiff or Jpeg
- Size ranges from A7 (business card) to A0 (engineering drawings)
The scanned electronic copies can be stored and retrieved from:
- Web-based data repository (CDS can build and host bespoke solutions)
- ITIL based service support desk
- Secure FTP site for data management
- CDs and DVDs
All CDS scanning services are fully certificated to ISO 9001:2008 and ISO27001 quality assurance standards.
CDS also hold BS10008 Evidential Weight and Legal Admissibility of Electronic Information certification. We are one of only a select number of companies in the UK recognised by BSI to have achieved this specialist standard.
Once the scanned images and data are approved, the original material can be:
- Securely shredded (on site and certified)
- Stored for a limited period
- Returned to the client
CDS scanning and digitisation key benefits
- Cost effective
- Reduces paper storage requirements
- Improves productivity
- Enhances remote working capabilities
- Improves customer service
- Secure archive facility
CDS sponsor the Waltham Forest Love Your Borough Awards 2017
At CDS we take pride in making a difference to the lives of individuals and communities in the UK. We were therefore delighted to sponsor the Love Your Borough Awards for a second year at the London Borough of Waltham Forest.
CDS wins a place on a major NHS framework
CDS is pleased to announce that we have been awarded a place on the NHS London Procurement Partnership (NHS LPP) Clinical and Digital Information Systems (CDIS) framework contract.