Template central web2print online design
Web2print design and print management
In response to recent reductions in marketing expenditure and the need for in-house solutions, CDS has developed an online design template system called Template Central. It is designed for simple frequently used items such as posters, flyers, invitations, stationery, adverts, banner and newsletters.
Easily enforce brand compliance & reduce design costs. Using Template Central allows you to take control and places the design creation in your hands.
Template Central key benefits
The template is created by professional graphic designers, who will ensure brand compliance by configuring elements within the template such as colours, fonts, image choice and placement of logo. Once the template has been created you can easily input your own text and graphics to create your own marketing collateral, without any technical or design skills.
The templates are hosted by CDS with secure password protected online access.
Print Portal Interface
The optional print portal interface provides a connection with CDS’ online print management system allowing you to send artwork directly to print. This not only provides a seamless design to print service, but also allows you to benefit from our print buying power and more cost effective print.
The optional approval workflow allows artwork to be sent to one or multiple users for review and approval, prior to sending the artwork to print.
Global and restricted image libraries may be created to allow access to your approved images.
The data merge facility allows you to link variable content to create personalised communications based on a customer’s profile.
When we refreshed our corporate identity, we wanted to ensure a seamless roll-out of our new materials and ongoing protection of the brand. Using a combination of CDS’ browser-based Print Portal and web2print solutions we were able to achieve this while efficiently controlling costs. CDS’ Template Central enables all our staff to create regular publications like information leaflets, posters and newsletters, even if they have little or no design experience and the workflow approval acts as a fail-safe custodian of our brand.
Debbie Muscatelli, Assistant Procurement Manager
Case Study: Online web2print for Queen's University Belfast
Queen’s University Belfast, uses Template Central, CDS ‘self-service’ online web2print solution to improve the efficiency of communications work and control costs.
Their Marketing and Creative Services team designers were getting increasingly involved in repetitive work, instead of concentrating on new communications. This led to more and more work being placed with external agencies – incurring unwanted additional expenditure.
CDS recommended that they move regular publications, like newsletters, flyers and postcards, to Template Central, improving efficiency and saving money.
Key benefits of Template Central
- An in-house solution that allows you to create professional print ready artwork without training or formal design skill.
- Eliminates expensive design cost.
- The use of templates help to protect your brand and ensure consistency across your marketing collateral. Your typeface, colour palette, approved images and logo position will be incorporated to ensure brand compliance.
- Image libraries may be created to provide access to approved images.
- Places the design creation in your control without the reliance on third party suppliers, thereby saving time.
- Templates can also be integrated into our Print Portal System allowing you to automatically send artwork to print. This not only provides a seamless design to print solution, but also allows you to benefit from our print buying power and more cost effective print.
- Approval workflow allows artwork to be sent to one or multiple users for review and approval prior to sending the artwork to print.
- A web optimised PDF can be generated allowing you to distribute via email or upload onto your website. This is particularly valuable in today’s drive to digital first and will allow you to reduce print costs.
- A low cost solution, which does not require training and overcomes the need for expensive desktop publishing software, such as InDesign.
- All artwork is backed up on the CDS dedicated server, which allows previous artwork to be retrieved and amended.
- A secure web based solution that does not require any additional software and can be accessed 24/7.
Find out more about our print services
The Template Central system is a very useful tool, enabling users in a variety of roles to create simple, professional newsletters that can be sent for proofing and printing at the click of a mouse. It is simple to use and allows enough flexibility to create a bespoke publication while ensuring all documents adhere to the corporate style.
Denise Langford, Senior Communications Officer