Print & digital marketing strategy
We are not digital, or anything else "by default"...
...we are digital when it can deliver the outcome better than alternate strategies. We are printers, not just because its always been done like that, but when it works, best.
But more often than not, we are delivering the most effective outcomes by designing a blended (omnichannel) approach to customer communications.
Our strategy for determining the right blend is consistent:
Step 1: Discovery
Step 2: Design
Step 3: Execution
And wherever possible – we celebrate.
In this step, we...
- agree or set the goals.
- identify any quick wins or immediate needs and deliver those first.
- discover the present day position of the service in relation to those goals.
- plan and set up a before, during and ongoing analytics model to measure, guide and inform us what we should do next.
- receive any existing market research or customer data already available.
- recommend any research that should be done to fill in any gaps in the above.
Case Study: South West Water
Launching a responsive site to support a key channel shift initiative
South West Water wanted to create a new responsive website with a design that used their brand to its full potential and help customers migrate to self-serve online.
- Journey: We design the customer journey(s).
- Vision: We create the visual and interaction experience that inspires the customer to act.
- TOM: We create a service target operating model defining the technology, services and processes required to deliver that journey.
- Roadmap: We plan an agile project delivery roadmap to deliver the best speed to value ratio available.
- Channels: We define the most effective single, multiple or blend of communications channels to deliver the outcome.
Our team “own” the delivery of the service – by that we do not just take responsibility for it, but the team involved care about and believe in it.
- We provide a single coordinating account manager and appropriate service delivery manager(s) to oversee all work and communications.
- We manage and take responsibility for the supply chain required: whether that be print suppliers, logistics, web hosting or software support.
- When developing digital services: whether the entire delivery team is CDS, or if we are supplying team members to a collective agile services team. Whether leading or contributing to your existing team – we execute and deliver MVPs: test, measure, learn, iterate, achieve.
Our services cover the whole publishing lifecycle including writing, editorial, design, brand management and delivery in printed and online formats.
Find out more about our specific services below.
We recognise the need to transform our digital approach to help deliver a seamless customer experience to maximise our offer online. The work CDS carried out has really helped the business understand our online audience further and CDS have delivered visual designs that capture the ethos of the business and the overall needs of the customer.
Jo Ecroyd, Director of Domestic Customer Service
South West Water