CDS produce Yorkshire Building Society Group colleague magazine
CDS design, print and distribute YBSG It’s Mutual magazine.
Why It’s Mutual is important to YBSG
The magazine is an important channel to engage colleagues across YBGS Group; offering an alternative to online channels.
It’s Mutual includes contributions from senior leaders, information about key programme activity taking place across the Group and articles about corporate responsibility.
Why YBSG chose CDS
YBSG wanted a fresh look and feel. CDS proposed a modern design concept and a fresh creative presentation, underpinned by competitive print prices. This compelling proposition led to CDS winning the contract.
Every quarter we design, print and deliver 1,300 copies and provide a PDF for upload to the YBSG intranet.
CDS was YBSG’s preferred choice to deliver the magazine because we:
- have a large and therefore resilient, creative design team
- offer a strong creative approach
- understand the needs of financial sector clients
- have robust systems in place to assure consistency quality and failsafe deadlines
- rigorously guard the YBSG brand
- provide a worry free and keenly priced print management solution
- are a local supplier which allows us to easily facilitate meetings with the editorial team, as well as benefit the local economy
How we did it
Our production schedule which helps meet the tight deadlines begins with an editorial meeting with the YBSG editor. We go through the content, structure, look and theme for the next issue. YBSG supply all the copy and images. CDS do the design, layout, graphics and icons, as well as managing the print job and distribution.
One of the design changes which was well received by YBSG colleagues, was a change from A4 format to a squarer shape, giving the magazine a more contemporary feel.
The magazine is quarterly and each issue takes between 6-8 weeks to produce. This includes editorial meetings, producing the first draft, amendments and print.
As we’re based in Yorkshire we’re delighted to welcome such a prestigious and locally based client to our growing portfolio of global financial sector clients, which include Zurich Insurance, Aberdeen Asset Management, Bank of England, Wesleyan Assurance, HMRC and Insight Investment.
We have found CDS to be a responsive, understanding and true partner in helping us produce a quality publication for our colleagues. Although the brief is design and print, CDS often go outside of this remit to ensure a more productive discussion regarding content; ultimately ensuring the end result is as engaging as possible.
Lead Internal Communications Manager, YBSG
Recommended for you:
- CDS produce Yorkshire Building Society Group colleague magazine
- Metropolitan Police go live for new Web platform
- CDS transforms Birmingham City Council's print approach
- CDS delivers new website for South West Water
- CDS print management service reduces print costs by 14%
- Resilience Direct - Digital technology that helps save lives
- Helping Zurich Insurance evolve digital strategy
- Delivering a digital workplace for the Met Police
- Aberdeen Asset Management editorial project
- e-PIMS property asset management for the UK government
- CDS delivers high scoring results in South West Water UX design
- Digital mailroom and scanning
- Delivering digital transformation for Wesleyan
- Transport for London
- eLearning saves lives
- Royal Mail Group chooses Asset Factory
- Unified approach to print brings Essex County Council significant savings
- Easy Read for the United Nations International Labour Organisation
- Print and mail cost-savings for London Borough of Sutton
- UKCES Ambition 2020
- CDS delivers OneFinance web platform
- London Olympics 2012
- Wakefield Council
- CDS delivers Thinking Aloud for Aberdeen Asset Management
- Find Me Some Government Space
- Irish Ferries ecommerce website
- Middlesex University
- MOD Print Management
- online web2print for Queen's University Belfast
- Targeted communications across multiple channels
- Thames Estuary 2100
- Northamptonshire County Council
- PictoComm accessible communication tool
- West Sussex County Council