Make a positive difference
Would you like to make a positive difference to people’s lives, every day. You may not see our team members on the news but they’re there, behind the scenes, making the things happen that we all count on. Read our CEO's post: "Why work at CDS?".
Current career opportunities
Lead Application Developer
The Lead Application Developer role is one of leadership and ownership. The purpose of the role is to help define and shape the Development function at CDS Digital in-line with the needs of the business and its current objectives.
The principle responsibilities and accountability of this role are as follows:
- Develops the working practises of the Development function to ensure they are always aligned with industry best practise.
- Manages other roles within the Development function to ensure delivery of defined objectives and is accountable for those objectives being delivered.
- Escalates any impediments to the successful delivery of team objectives and barriers or obstacles more generally.
- Pro-actively seeks out new challenges within the technical arena.
- Executes additional duties and activities as and when requested to do so.
Knowledge & Experience
- Microsoft Certified Solution Developer: Web Applications (or equivalent).
- Content Management System Certification in the current platform(s).
- Proven track record in delivery of Enterprise scale web applications.
- A minimum of 6 year’s commercial software development experience within the Microsoft technology stack.
- Net Framework 4+, SQL Server 2008+
- EPiServer, SiteCore or Umbraco
- jQuery (recent versions)
- AngularJS, DoJo, React, KnockoutJS
- Has professional experience at senior developer and / or lead developer at CDS or other organisations.
- Has been involved in leading project / product teams to successful delivery of goals with other disciplines within the organisation.
- A great team player with strong leadership skills.
- A clear and confident communicator both internally and externally.
- Leads by example and sets the standard for others to follow.
- Commands the respect of peers and wider CDS Digital stakeholders.
- Coaches others within the team and provides encouragement and motivation always.
Visit the link below for more information.
Please send an email to email@example.com to express your interest along with your CV, by 31 August 2018.
We are always keen to hear from talented, motivated individuals.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it by post to:
Please note: successful candidates may be required to undergo a United Kingdom Security Check clearance process.
Recruitment agencies should in the first instance email email@example.com
CDS is an equal opportunities employer - read our Equal Opportunities statement