London mayoral elections
Managing the creative, print, fulfilment and distribution of materials for the Mayor of London and London Assembly Elections 2021. The materials included voter information and promotional information to be displayed at polling stations across the 32 London boroughs and the City of London.
The Greater London Authority (GLA) was looking to appoint a supplier who could deliver an end-to-end solution – from managing key stakeholder relationships, through to delivering the final products to each delivery point.
CDS dedicated a project manager to manage the relationships with key stakeholders within the GLA and the election managers from each borough. The project had progressed for a couple of months before the COVID-19 pandemic postponed the elections until 2021.
We worked with the client to navigate the pandemic and ascertain ‘what an election would look like in a COVID world’ before presenting different options to the GLA around ways they could make the polling stations a safe environment for the public to vote.
CDS experts worked in collaboration with teams across the GLA to design and deliver key communications materials to over 2,500 polling stations across London.
Designed to keep the public informed and safe while casting their votes, the materials included:
- Social distancing notices
- Anti-slip floor stickers
- An informational booklet in 24 languages
Senior Elections Delivery Manager - Communications, Greater London Authority
At a glance...
- Local Authority
- The Greater London Authority (GLA) needed a supplier who could provide an end-to-end solution.
- This included managing key stakeholder relationships and the creative, print, fulfilment, and distribution of materials for polling stations.
- CDS dedicated a project manager to manage key stakeholder relationships within the GLA.
- Worked with the client to navigate the pandemic and provide a safe environment for the public to vote.
- CDS experts and teams within GLA designed and delivered key communications to over 2,500 polling stations across London.