Guiding Vet-AI through a full user centred design process to create the industry-changing app, Joii.
Visiting the vet can quickly become a stressful and expensive experience. After assessing these experiences, the Vet-AI team noticed an opportunity in the veterinary care system – specifically an opening within the digital space – to utilise artificial intelligence to simplify this process for pet owners.
Vet-AI needed a research and UX partner to understand how they could best serve pet owners through the app to provide the a market leading, high quality service.
CDS were appointed to take Vet-AI through a comprehensive user-centred design process to create their app following three key stages:
- Discovery and concept validation
- Brand validation
- App iteration
CDS conducted three rounds of research to understand why pet owners would use an app instead of visiting a vet, and identified common issues such as cost, convenience, and stress. They tested a prototype to ensure it provided an optimal user experience. After each round, CDS shared their findings with Vet-AI through debriefs, actionable lists of changes, and detailed reports. CDS also provided evidence-based recommendations from our team of experts to help Vet-AI make key business decisions, keeping the user at the center of the design process.
Joii is a mobile app that provides on-demand veterinary care to pet owners. It allows users to seek advice, purchase products, and even consult with a vet from their homes for non-emergency needs. The launch of Joii was a success, leading to Vet-AI receiving significant VC investment and a partnership with 'Animal Friends' insurance. Within 18 months, 130,000 pets were registered on the app, and it remains the top video-consult vet service with over 2,000 5-star reviews on the App Store.
At a glance...
- Solve non-emergency veterinary needs for pet owners, from the comfort of their own home.
- CDS was appointed as an insight and UX partner.
- Three rounds of qualitative research identified user needs.
- Prototype testing of the app ensured an optimal user experience.
- CDS helped shape the scope of Vet-AI's service.
- 130,000 pets were registered on the app in the first 18 months.
- Joii received over 2000 5-star reviews on the App Store.