Public Health Wales (PHW) is the national agency that works together with 10 other organisations to form NHS Wales.
During the pandemic, the race was on to develop effective vaccines. By late 2020, clinical trials of candidate vaccines were showing success and PHW began preparations to vaccinate the 3.136 million population of Wales.
Along with the logistical challenge of vaccine distribution, the population needed information about the vaccines and a record card to record their doses. PHW turned to CDS to help print, store and distribute a range of leaflets and record cards to support their vaccination programme.
Working weekends and utilising multiple print suppliers, CDS managed the procurement and printing of over 900,000 leaflets and record cards. On 11 December 2020, the resources were ready for delivery to the storage and distribution centre in order to be ready for use from 23 December 2020. CDS began the distribution to vaccination centres and GPs from the start of 2021.
Through 2021 to mid-July, CDS has produced a further 11 million leaflets and record cards, as well as supplying the storage and distribution of the resources across Wales.
To mid-July 2021, so far 4.2M vaccine doses were given, with 1.92 million people fully vaccinated with two doses (61.2% of the population).
CDS has made a positive difference to the successful rollout of the vaccine in Wales.
At a glance...
- Public Health Wales (PHW) was looking for a partner that could help them print, store, and distribute leaflets and record cards to support their vaccination programme.
- CDS managed the procurement and printing of over 900,000 leaflets and record cards.
- CDS distributed to vaccination centres and GPs.
- CDS produced a further 11 million leaflets and record cards to help support the 4.2 million vaccine doses given to 1.92 million people during the pandemic.
Previous print projects delivered by CDS
Public Health Wales is committed to saving lives and making changes to the way people look after themselves through lifestyle changes.
We manage the print for a wide range of campaigns for both PHW and the NHS more widely. Some examples are below:
- Case note folders: 36,000 new folders were produced for all seven of the Health Boards within Wales.
- Bump, baby and beyond: We produced 260-page brochures in Welsh and English – perfect bound with a laminated board cover.
- Screening mailings: This campaign involves receiving patient data, formatting it into letters, printing, fulfilling, and maximising postage discounts.
- Safer pregnancy campaign: Redesigned and printed promotional items to improve safe practices for mums to be.
CDS gained an enviable reputation with PHW for delivering well-executed campaigns by sourcing, managing and delivering the associated printed items on time, to agreed specifications and within budget.