Lambeth Council saves on printing costs and enhances efficiency with our print management service
The London Borough of Lambeth was looking for a print management partner who could provide cost-effective solutions for its varied print requirements. The council wanted to achieve that all-important balance between saving money and maintaining a quality print service to serve their 322,000 residents.
The communications team at Lambeth Council are required to react quickly to meet fast-changing communication requirements and sought a supplier that could deliver high-quality printed materials to tight deadlines.
CDS was appointed to deliver print management services to Lambeth Council. Projects included printing documents in 11 different languages to provide residents with vital information about local food banks, medical facilities and other urgent communications in response to events that had occurred in the borough.
The partnership between CDS and the communications team within the council has gone from strength to strength, and the team continue to ensure that print requirements are met, on time, and on budget. Local suppliers are utilised whenever possible.
During the Covid-19 pandemic, Lambeth Council was shortlisted for four awards in the Local Government Chronicle Awards, including Campaign of the Year for the coordinated, multichannel approach to Borough Wide Covid-19 PCR testing during April 2021, supported by CDS, which saw more than 30% of residents take a Covid-19 PCR test in just two weeks.
Senior Contracts and Supplier Assurance Officer
At a glance...
- Local authority
- Achieve cost savings on print.
- Ensure timely delivery of urgent print requirements.
- CDS was appointed as print management partner.
- Print requirements are met on time and budget.
- Flexible and responsive service to meet fast changing requirements.
- CDS have become an extension of the communications team.
- Significant cost savings achieved while providing a "platinum standard" service.
- Lambeth Council shortlisted for four awards for campaigns supported by CDS.