Print and mail cost-savings for London Borough of Sutton
Print management framework delivers 46% saving on Revenues and Benefits print and mailing requirement.
The London Borough of Sutton had a long-standing print and mail arrangement in place for Revenues and Benefits. Given the complexities of the personalisation, production and mailing requirement, the authority felt unable to risk re-competing due to lack of specialist knowledge. However, they were also concerned that current arrangements were no longer demonstrating best value.
CDS had been contracted to the authority since 1998 for print management services and had recently re-won the opportunity to provide print and associated services through the Crown Commercial Services Framework RM1687. CDS was invited to manage a mini-tender, competitive process, focussed on the ongoing provision of this service.
CDS worked closely with key stakeholders and the incumbent supplier to gain a thorough understanding of the requirement and generate a detailed specification. Many specialist suppliers were selected to take part, including the incumbent. Prices were received, validated against the specification and collated. CDS issued a report of the process, prices obtained from the market and details of the successful supplier. In this case, the successful company was the incumbent supplier.
The mini-tender approach provided the authority and suppliers with the opportunity to challenge and review the solution, taking account of technological advances and efficiencies to generate pricing far less than current rates. The new rates demonstrated an overall saving of 46% against previous rates which, on an anticipated annual spend of £51,000, generated cashable savings of £24,000.
For further information
For more information about CDS products and services, please:
Call David Burton +44 (0) 113 399 4000
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about the latest version of our Managed Print and Digital Solutions framework and how you can make significant savings:
Call us on 0345 410 2222
CDS used their expertise and specialist knowledge to complete a complex and critical service requirement on behalf of the authority sourcing a solution which provided considerable annual savings without any compromise to the service deliverables.
Mark Brewer, Head of Procurement
The London Borough of Sutton
- Metropolitan Police go live for new Web platform
- CDS transforms Birmingham City Council's print approach
- CDS delivers new website for South West Water
- CDS produce Yorkshire Building Society Group colleague magazine
- CDS print management service reduces print costs by 14%
- Resilience Direct - Digital technology that helps save lives
- Helping Zurich Insurance evolve digital strategy
- Delivering a digital workplace for the Met Police
- Aberdeen Asset Management editorial project
- e-PIMS property asset management for the UK government
- CDS delivers high scoring results in South West Water UX design
- Digital mailroom and scanning
- Delivering digital transformation for Wesleyan
- Transport for London
- eLearning saves lives
- Royal Mail Group chooses Asset Factory
- Unified approach to print brings Essex County Council significant savings
- Easy Read for the United Nations International Labour Organisation
- Print and mail cost-savings for London Borough of Sutton
- UKCES Ambition 2020
- CDS delivers OneFinance web platform
- London Olympics 2012
- Wakefield Council
- CDS delivers Thinking Aloud for Aberdeen Asset Management
- Find Me Some Government Space
- Irish Ferries ecommerce website
- Middlesex University
- MOD Print Management
- online web2print for Queen's University Belfast
- Targeted communications across multiple channels
- Thames Estuary 2100
- Northamptonshire County Council
- PictoComm accessible communication tool
- West Sussex County Council