Why Public Health Wales chose CDS for their campaigns
When Public Health Wales wanted a number of print campaigns producing, they asked CDS for help.
Public Health Wales is all about saving lives and making changes to the way people look after themselves through lifestyle changes.
Public Health Wales needed a trusted and approved supplier to work with, able to produce and deliver essential printed forms and other items for the broader NHS across Wales.
The campaigns are integral to the smooth running of specific services and are central to ensuring that NHS personnel can deliver their service.
We have selected a few campaigns to highlight our ongoing work with the NHS and Public Health Wales. All the work is produced through a straightforward and easy to use, compliant procurement route.
These campaigns run across the whole of Wales and affect people in the NHS and Public Health Wales as well as those who work within local communities.
Example one: Case note folders
The project brought together the seven Health Boards within Wales with the goal of making the case note folders a common item. CDS’ buying strength also enhanced the Boards’ purchasing power and improved management control using a single point of contact to coordinate the project.
Public Health Wales Shared Services Team set the challenging task to produce 36,000 patient case note folders.
They contained various loose-leaf pages, label mount sheets and an outer folder, all to be collated and pre-packed. The 36,000 case note folders were made available for distribution across seven sites.
Example two: Bump baby and beyond
Public Health Wales were struggling to get this project brought up to date. CDS liaised with the original design team to make the changes and look at their print, storage and the regular monthly distributions.
The project involved producing a 260-page brochure in Welsh and English. We were asked to maintain a stock and manage and distribute them, ensuring the brochures were available for ad hoc monthly call off’s.
The brochures were perfect bound with a laminated board cover. CDS store the brochures and manage the picking, packing and distribution.
Example three: Screening mailings
CDS manage the patient appointment and reminder mailing services across Wales for many of the screening division departments. Each of the screening services communicates with patients in different ways. The aim of the campaign is to attract people to take up regular screening programmes.
- receiving patient data
- formatting it into letters
- fulfilling, and
- maximising postage discounts, through data sortation.
For some of the services we print and mail letters and leaflets. Others involve complex barcoding, labelling, fulfilment and mailing of test kits, all to specified Service Level Agreements.
Public Health Wales must communicate in different ways that are aimed at the target audience, be it age related or condition based.
CDS play a vital role in making awareness at the forefront of people’s fears and concerns when it comes to taking action for screening.
Example four: Safer pregnancy campaign
This is part of a campaign Public Health Wales are working on with antenatal units and midwives across Wales. They want to develop improved safe practices for mums to be.
CDS presented designs for many printed items. This led to the broadening of the project by incorporating a plastic folder that was printed using a four-colour process throughout with a built-in zip-lock mechanism to hold a number of printed and promotional items. This project was brought in under budget.
Example five: a wide range of products as and when required
From printed leaflets and stickers to exhibition banners, forms and cartons, CDS supply a wide range of products to the NHS.
From initial briefing through to delivery, CDS have gained an enviable reputation with Public Health Wales for delivering well-executed campaigns and producing and delivering the associated printed items on time, to agreed specifications and within budget.
About Public Health Wales
Public Health Wales is the national public health agency in Wales. Public Health Wales protects and improves health and wellbeing and reduces health inequalities for people in Wales.
They are part of the NHS and report to the Cabinet Secretary for Health, Well-being and Sport in the Welsh Government.
With a strong board, 1,700 staff and a budget of £106 million, the organisation employs the majority of the specialist public health resource in Wales.
Public Health Wales provide the public health knowledge, scientific expertise and intelligence to lead transformational change. They focus on ensuring that they deliver tangible improvements in health and wellbeing outcomes and reduce health inequalities in Wales.
- Why Public Health Wales chose CDS for their campaigns
- Public Health Wales Screening
- Metropolitan Police go live for new Web platform
- CDS transforms Birmingham City Council's print approach
- Yorkshire Building Society Group colleague magazine
- CDS print management service reduces print costs by 14%
- Resilience Direct: Digital technology that helps save lives
- Helping Zurich Insurance evolve digital strategy
- Delivering a digital workplace for the Met Police
- Aberdeen Asset Management editorial project
- e-PIMS property asset management for the UK government
- Digital mailroom and scanning for Middlesex University
- Delivering digital transformation for Wesleyan
- Transport for London
- eLearning saves lives
- Royal Mail Group chooses Asset Factory
- Unified approach to print brings savings for Essex County Council
- Easy Read for the United Nations International Labour Organisation
- Print and mail cost-savings for London Borough of Sutton
- UKCES Ambition 2020
- CDS delivers OneFinance web platform
- London Olympics 2012
- Wakefield Council
- CDS delivers Thinking Aloud for Aberdeen Asset Management
- Find Me Some Government Space
- Irish Ferries ecommerce website
- Middlesex University's on-campus print solution
- MOD Print Management
- online web2print for Queen's University Belfast
- Targeted communications across multiple channels
- Thames Estuary 2100
- Print Portal and Digital Asset Management for VTCT
- Northamptonshire County Council
- PictoComm accessible communication tool
- West Sussex County Council