Irish Ferries ecommerce website
CDS are EPiServer Premium Partner of the year and provide ongoing support services to a wide range of clients. We have implemented over 30 thirty EPiServer sites since becoming partners in 2006.
Irish Ferries already had a successful web presence that was generating good visitor numbers – customers liked it, and the client liked its look and feel.
But problems existed – the ferry market was shrinking and becoming increasingly competitive and price sensitive.
And the client’s existing digital presence was out-dated:
- it used a ‘one size fits all’ approach
- it needed skilled technicians to manage content
- the web, mobile and social media channels were managed and maintained separately.
If the problems were not resolved, Irish Ferries risked losing out to its competitors. That’s when they approached CDS.
As a leading EPiServer partner, CDS had the technical expertise to analyse the problem and create a cost-effective solution. CDS recommended EPiServer 7 CMS that would:
- increase conversion from visitor to online booking
- manage and maintain the web, mobile and social media channels from a single data repository
- enable non-technical staff to update content – once for all device types
- offer flexibility and personalisation to send different messages to different user groups
- monitor and measure campaigns to enable managers to learn from successful/less successful communications
- enable customised landing pages that contain content aligned to a defined campaign or search engine keyword.
The CDS solution offered Irish Ferries (www.irishferries.com) the tools and features it would need to maintain its market-leading position.
Javier Ganaza – eBusiness Manager, Irish Ferries said: ‘CDS worked as an extension of our internal team and really made the difference in delivering a quality solution within challenging timescales.‘
- Offers full management information.
- Enables personalisation of content.
- Retains the original site’s look/feel.
- Responsive design means content is delivered optimally to all devices from a single repository.
- In-house staff can update/create new content using any smartphone tablet, or web-connected computer.
- Editors create and/or update content once for all device types
- Integrates with back-end systems.
With CDS as a partner we have created a solution that assists our marketing efforts in providing real demonstrable ROI and business benefits.
Daragh O’Reilly, Marketing Manager