CDS given mandate to continue good work for Birmingham City Council
We are delighted to announce that a new call-off contract for the provision of Managed Printing and ecommunication Services to Birmingham City Council has been awarded to CDS for a period of four years commencing 1 January 2019.
CDS has provided Birmingham with a range of print services since April 2014 through Crown Commercial Services Frameworks. This new call-off arrangement under RM3785 will drive CDS, through our exceptional relationship with the Council and partnership approach to the contract, to build on the already significant savings of in excess of £1.7M (across the previous contract term).
It will also allow us to progress further digital transformation opportunities through effective operational and strategic management of this important contract.
Key requirements that we will be measured against include:
- Continual reduction in the cost of print. Achieved through challenge and the refining of product specifications, in collaboration with users to achieve greater ‘fit for purpose’ solutions and cost efficiencies
- Improvement in the economic, social and environmental well-being of Birmingham. Achieved through ongoing membership of the Birmingham Social Charter and adherence to the principles of the Council’s Business Charter for Social Responsibility
- The effective management of a local supply chain with the majority of print suppliers located within a 30-mile radius of Birmingham Council House (B1 postcode)
- Cultural shift. Identifying, managing and communicating new processes and ways of working including innovation and new technologies
- Continuing to deliver a high level of customer satisfaction
- Being seen as a centre of excellence/expertise for customers with access to an experienced and knowledgeable Account Team focussed on print, creative and alternative print solutions
In scope under this call-off arrangement are print (business stationery; commodity, operational and marketing print and reprographics), overflow graphic design, digital asset management and Web2print (templating systems) plus a range of communication-related digital solutions.
We’re looking forward to the next four years working with Birmingham and delivering on the whole requirement.
If you have a similar requirement and need great results from a company that understands the Public Sector, please get in touch with me, David Burton, on 0113 399 4000.
Supporting the fight against Covid-19
The London Borough of Lambeth has produced a Covid-19 response communication for all borough residents.
CDS is very much open for business
Communicating effectively has never been more important