What makes a quality print manager?
Wider Public Sector organisations seeking an effective print and digital solution and access to quality print managers, look no further…
The Crown Commercial Service (CCS) framework RM3785 offers all Public Sector organisations the flexibility to source a fully-managed, end-to-end print and digital solution that includes associated services, such as design, storage, fulfillment and distribution, postal dispatch, scanning and stock management. The framework offers a straightforward, quick, cost efficient and direct route to market.
What does a quality print manager look like?
David Burton, Crown Commercial Services Director at CDS, explains what differentiates CDS from other suppliers in the market and why the company has had so much success in the public sector.
"First and foremost, our company trades ethically, honestly, and transparently. We promote a sustainable print market but we are still firm but fair with the supply base and most importantly, we pay our suppliers promptly."
The six differentiators:
- Team – Our expert print managers are mostly from within the industry with ‘shop floor’ experience and considerable understanding of print pitfalls. Together with the account teams, they are accustomed to personally supporting the clients through the process, offering help, advice and options. This includes product re-engineering to identify products fit for purpose whilst delivering maximum referenceable value/savings.
- Process – Tried and tested over twenty-three years, we proactively and thoroughly manage the requirement from conception through production, to delivery/distribution and beyond, intervening at all key stages to ensure the right product, is delivered at the right quality, on time and at the right price.
- Suppliers – We have an extensive supply base capable of providing the widest range of print and printed products. Although our supplier base is ‘open’ and evolving, many of our suppliers have been with us since the very beginning.
- Systems – Our browser-based, user-friendly Print Portal system, designed and built by CDS continues to efficiently manage every print contract we have. The system supports our transparent approach to trading with ‘read only’ access available to Client Contract Managers allowing them to see all activities undertaken by CDS including details of all appropriate suppliers approached and the pricing they have provided. In addition to Print Portal, we can provide Templating Systems (CDS Digital) and Digital Asset Management (CDS DAM). All systems are directly accessible by clients if required.
- Communication – Key to any successful partnership is communication. We pride ourselves on our ability and drive to ensure that both our clients and suppliers are well informed at every stage of the process. On the rare occasion when things do go wrong, we ensure that all parties are informed immediately so that there are no surprises down-stream. At the same time we advise our clients about our proposed solutions mitigating the risk of late delivery.
- Management Systems – CDS is certified on a number of ISO standards and certifications - ISO9001; ISO14001; ISO18001; ISO20000-1; ISO22301; ISO27001; DEFRA paper standards and Cyber Essential Plus.
Finally, with our origins in Public Sector, we do understand the issues, drivers and constraints faced and can usually find a bespoke solution tailored to precisely meet the clients’ requirements. So much so that clients return to us time and time again.
CDS is one of the six framework suppliers on CCS Framework RM3785 Managed Print and Digital Solutions. Other suppliers on Lot 2 of the CCS framework RM3785 can be found using the link above.
Recommended for you:
Shortlisted for two Global Sourcing Association Awards
Episerver personalisation labelled Visionary by Gartner
The leading customer experience CMS scores highly in latest industry analysis
How CDS has reduced plastic waste and saved our clients money
CDS have always tried to minimise our impact on the environment.